Ambient Noise - Desktop PC

Using a miniDSP UMIK-1 calibrated microphone, I recorded sound pressure level (SPL) at 1m away from the PC:


  • Ignore the random peaks. They're from door of the study room being opened and closed.
  • From 0 to 1:30, SPL averages around 46.5dB. Windows 10 power setting at balanced-mode.
  • From 1:30 to 5:30, I loaded and played Deliver Us The Moon game (EPIC settings). Windows 10 power setting at high-performance mode. SPL averages around 51dB.
  • From 5:30 onwards, I closed the game and PC went back to balanced-mode.
With this data, I should be able to quantify difference between the stock cooler and new cooler which should be with me next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desktop PC / IT / Gaming Summary (Feb 2024)

February 2024 IT Wishlist

Home Theater Summary (March 2024)